D16A1 INTO 91' CRX DX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18c14

Which mounts do I need to install my d16a1 1.6 dohc 89 teg motor into my 91 crx dx. PLEASE HELP ME...I have been told to use b-series mounts or stock 89 teg mounts, well you tell me. Someone said to use hasport b-series mounts but I was wondering if they were the same as the stock b-series mounts?

D16A1 does not bolt into 2nd gen CRX without fabricating mounts for it - there are no aftermarket mount kits for this swap - on the driver's side end of the engine, the D16A1 mount is located on the front of the block - the 2nd gen CRX uses mount that comes off end of block at middle - which transmission are you trying to use? Integra transmission mounts will not fit CRX chassis and CRX transmission doesn't bolt to the block correctly - in other words, the D16A1 is not a good swap in a 2g CRX

Motor drops right in minus the mount problem. The drivers side mount holds the motor up to high, reason being (just found out from buddy that owns a shop) the Si 2g rex came with the option of a jdm dohc, so the motor (d16-a1 or a8 or a9) has both front studs and side drilled mounting points. SO EVERYONE, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO THIS SWAP HERE IS YOUR ANSWER. DRUM ROLL PLEASE... A set of stock Si mounts will bolt your dohc d-series block into your 2g rex.

If anyone other than myself has completed this swap I would love to hear about it.

didn;t second gen crx's have B16's as an option in jdm land?

91 crx sir

and 90-91 civic sir had b16's

dohc b > dohc d

Quoted post[/post]]
Motor drops right in minus the mount problem. The drivers side mount holds the motor up to high, reason being (just found out from buddy that owns a shop) the Si 2g rex came with the option of a jdm dohc, so the motor (d16-a1 or a8 or a9) has both front studs and side drilled mounting points. SO EVERYONE, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO THIS SWAP HERE IS YOUR ANSWER. DRUM ROLL PLEASE... A set of stock Si mounts will bolt your dohc d-series block into your 2g rex.

If anyone other than myself has completed this swap I would love to hear about it.
i for one am not buying it - here is a picture of the D16A1 block - maybe you could point out on the picture where the stock 2nd gen Si mount bolts to the block - by the way, see the studs sticking out on the left side - that is where the A1 mounts

wMTA5NjQ1NzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

If I remember correctly, I have been out of the Honda scene for almost two years now, that the dx and si mounts are the same.

Quoted post[/post]]
If I remember correctly, I have been out of the Honda scene for almost two years now, that the dx and si mounts are the same.
No, the Si and the hf mounts are the same. Call the parts house and ask for the part numbers on both sets, I called today.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

i for one am not buying it - here is a picture of the D16A1 block - maybe you could point out on the picture where the stock 2nd gen Si mount bolts to the block - by the way, see the studs sticking out on the left side - that is where the A1 mounts

wMTA5NjQ1NzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg
The top bolt hole on the mount is 3/4 of an inch to the bottom left of the ex. cam gear and the other is located about four inches lower than the first. I'll take a digi of it with the mount attached to the block along with a shot of the block code and post it a.s.a.p.

Quoted post[/post]]

91 crx sir

dohc b > dohc d
Yes sir that is correct, also the d16y8 sohc was an option in jdm land (in a rex)

Are you sure about that because I have used dx and si mounts interchangably before.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

91 crx sir

dohc b > dohc d
Yes sir that is correct, also the d16y8 sohc was an option in jdm land (in a rex)

d16y8 is the SOHC from the newer civics, the 130hp motor I belive. i dont feel like looking it up or else I would, but Im sure thats the motor from the EK's Dx or ex or whatever one. The motor your thinking about is the D16A8/A9, the "dohc zc" motors. they were avalible in Euro markets too. The SiR's were OBD0 B16's tho. ask jlicrx, thats the f-ing ZC genious.

Back