d16a1 into 93-95 hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18c14

motor is a d16a1 out of an 89 integra, whats the deal?

D16A1 has the drivers side motor mount on the front of the block

the 88-91 and 92-95 d series motors have their drivers side motor mount off the side of the block by the timing belt

D16A1 is worthless unless you have a 86-89 integra or a 85-87 crx...

Quoted post[/post]]
motor is a d16a1 out of an 89 integra, whats the deal?

Not a very popular swap.. The d16a1 is OBD0, and is only rated at (i think) 108 HP.. a used one is usually around 95 hp... From the dyno charts that I've seen.

I don't think the mounts will line up either. So you would have to get new mounts, a new ecu (89 Teggy ecu) and convert or change the wiring harness to OBD0, because the civic is OBD1.

Its just too much work.. Too much cost/work in converting OBDs.. with not nearly enough payoff.

By the time you get everything you need to swap it, you might as well have purchased a b18 and gone that route. It'll cost a few bucks more, but is well worth the effort.

86-87 brown valve cover vacuum advanced distributor and 113 hp
88-89 black valve cover electronic advanced dizzy with 118 hp

and werd to the B18 over the d16a1

I found two gsr's so I am going to buy them and one will be for sale...The other will go into a 95 hatch for my girlfrind so if anyone is local and wants one let me know.

Quoted post[/post]]
D16A1 has the drivers side motor mount on the front of the block

the 88-91 and 92-95 d series motors have their drivers side motor mount off the side of the block by the timing belt

D16A1 is worthless unless you have a 86-89 integra or a 85-87 crx...
Not worthless just something different. To each there own. I have a friend that bought a 91 rex with the swap done and with a few mods it has proven to be pretty impressive. It just made me curious so hell or high water it will be done. I called around and located a shop that has done the swap and believe it or not said it used to be pretty popular as the motors are readilly available. So in any event I will finish it and post some pics and opinions of the end result. When it is said and done it will be installed and turbo inducted, all the motor work is done and new along with the turbo and acc. so I guess we will see. And hell if it sucks I know a b-series swap is a piece of cake and me and one other guy could lift the a1 into a dumpster, so fuck it. :laugh:

Back