D16A1 to dohc ZC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cxjon

how does this swap work? i am a little dumbe when it comes to older hondas...... my girlfriends little bro is getting a old 86 teg with a high milage D16A1 in it. I know a D16A1 is pretty much a us dohc ZC. my quesion is this a a simple swap... ? i know somethings are going to be different what do i have to do? the car has a dc header in it will that work still?

the only JDM DOHC ZC that bolts into the 86-89 Integra, 1g CRX and 3g Civic is the "brown valve cover" ZC and is a direct swap - it is not the same as the 88-91 JDM DOHC ZC with "black valve cover", which bolts into the 4g Civic and 2g CRX and will not bolt into the 86 Integra

thats cool.... now he needs to save up money :mrgreen:

with the brown cover can the d16a1 tranny bolt up? for ecu what do you do?

Quoted post[/post]]
thats cool.... now he needs to save up money :mrgreen:

with the brown cover can the d16a1 tranny bolt up? for ecu what do you do?
yes, bolts right to the D16A1 transmission - the JDM "browntop" DOHC ZC is identical to the D16A1, except it has domed high compression pistons and different camshafts - use 86-87 Integra PG7 ECU (not 88-89 PG7) - there is one change i would recommend and that is to swap the intake manifold and throttle body from 88-89 D16A1 onto the ZC (you could swap on the 86-87, but it is not nearly as good as the 88-89) - the reason for this is that the JDM "browntop" ZC doesn't have an EACV on the intake manifold like the USDM engines and running the PG7 ECU will result in check engine light and code for the EACV

Hmm so what your summing up is that all you need for this swap is the browntop 86 integ motor and the pg7 ecu? i thought it was the pg6. im doing a crx first gen swap for a d16a1 i need the same stuff right?

oldthread1.jpg

Back