D16a6 Block -> D16a9 (dohc) Pistons ->y8 Head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

amadeuscr

what would be good recomendations for a setup like this

D16A6 BLOCK -> D16A9 (DOHC) PISTONS ->Y8 HEAD ???

compression is 250psi per cylinder.

thanks

as far as what turbo or nos?

the a9 pistons are a 9.5:1 ratio
the compression numbers seem high though, is your head shaved? what head gasket are you using

as far as anything I can do to him , its a very good friend of mine , but his mechanic installed p28 and ignition and fuel tables are not the same , so the car was running not quite so well , so I decide it to help him to make his car run better, I chipped his ecu and installed p30 with p2p tables , and runs lot better, we installed the wideband too and seems to be better , before was too lean , but I think that car should be running better than what it is now , he is using a6 intake manifold , and he is changing that this weekend , he is installing y8

aparently the mechanic shaved the block and the head a little bit just to have nice faces . and he is using cometic head gasket

what size cosmetics? 1mm,1.5mm,2mm? and what head bolts are in there? how much money is he looking to put into it and what kind of horsepower is he looking to make?

Yes that's what we've been doing, he was racing with 19AFR , I don't know why that engine hasn't blow out. so a9 pistons were not a good idea , is that what are you saying ?? ... changing cams will lower the compression so it can be ok ? , or the best will be to change those pistons ?, do you think if we tune it the way it is right now we will have nice results, or for sure we have to lower the compression ?

A really good idea would be a "stage two" or "three" cam profile to bleed off some of the dynamic compression.

this is a great idea, but again it all comes down to combination. with some large cams, you'll need to install different valve springs (what the cam maker recommends,) and then you'll still run the risk of valve/piston contact. you can lessen this risk if you chose a cam with similar lift, but more duration, however no matter what cam you chose, or even if you stick with your setup, you'll need to have the thing properly tuned.
A/F ratios are not going to keep that motor alive, you need to properly set the timing as well. a 13/1 A/F ratio is great for power, but if you ran around 12/1 you could give yourself a larger margin of safety, however it still won't be much. have the thing tuned, or just come back here when you need to rebuild it, we'll help you out.

Back