D16A6 build up. need help with some facts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Rage_135

Im using a D16A6 block and would like to convert to the Z6 head. my question is if i do this can i still use the a1 pistons?

Thanx

if u mean d16a1 pistons....which i think are zc pistons....than yea....ur compression will be high i belive...but it will work.....check out my build....all i did was all new gaskets....new piston rings with the stock a6 pistons....then boosted with saab turbo parts....i used a t3 saab turbocharger and front mount intercooler.....what are ur goals for this motor? are u goin turbo or stayin all motor...what kind of horsepower are u shootin for?

ya im going to stick with n/a. im going to shoot for at least 200-220hp. im totally rebuilding the engine putting in arp rods and bearings now with the a1 pistons the z6 head wich ill send away to be port and polished. ill machine the block and have my friend and i make a totally custum intake and exhuast manifolds. oh the exhuast will come out the side before the back wheel

Back