d16a6 cam?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94tuner

I was doing some research and came across a forum where someone was saying that the d16a6 cam can increase up to 33hp over a stock d15 cam. I was wondering if this same horsepower can be gained by replacing a jdm d15b cam with the a6? If anyone has done this please help.

Seriously doubt the cam made that much power on its own... that would be more than the stock D16A6 engine with a 33hp increase. Miracle.

Anyway, the D16A6 cam will only fit in a JDM D15B if the D15B does NOT have VTEC.

Yeah i was kinda leaning toward bs on that one but the guy said he had dyno to prove it... buy anyway thanks for the info

if you started with a D15B1 engine from the 88-91 Civic STD (4-speed) model which was only 70hp and converted from DPFI to MPFI and used the D16A6 camshaft, you might approach 33hp gain, but i doubt it would make it - would essentially be like starting with D15B2 (92hp), converting from DPFI to MPFI and adding D16A6 camshaft - would probably end up at around 98-100hp

Back