D16A6 -> D16A9 swap???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

puttitat

Hi,

Can i do a swap from D16A6 to D16A9 in my ED7 civic? The D16A9 is also coming from a ED7 Civic.

Will i need anything but the engine? The engine is without wiring, but that I can cope with, if the old wiring will fit on the new engine, just by lengthening it?

Will i need the D16A9 transmission?

Greetings,
Troels.

As far as I know the D16A9 is the same as the Japanese ZC engine
It's the only D-Series engine which is DOHC.
This will fit in place of your A6 as a direct bolt in, you can use your Si Transmission with this engine no problem.
You can even use the A6 ECU
I think you will need to use a Distributor from and 88-89 Acura Integra though, and the wiring for the distributor plug need to be fixed a bit.
Just check around on the net for some more info on DOHC ZC engine swaps, there is lots of info out there.

imo dont waste your time. obd 1 conversion and z6 swap done. much easier to find parts.

Then I must be thinking the D16A1.
yeah, the A1 from the 86-89 Integra has the different mounts (it is actually a completely different engine, just looks similar) - the A9 is one of the European designations for the same engine as the JDM DOHC ZC

Back