D16A6 in civic´82 sedan

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

parakoudos

I know it sounds crazy but i want to ask if someone knows if this swap can be done. I know that it has tones of work , but is it possible to be done , and if so does anyone has any imformation . I have searched the net but not so much luck. So if someone has heard anything like it or even sugestions of which kind of engine should i search for to make my civic(perfect condition body but doesn't go enywhere) go faster and more reliable.
thqnks!

If you're going to do the work to get a D16A6 in there, you might as well go for the DOHC ZC or the D16Z6. Both engines make just under 130hp, and will require the same amount of work (plus VTEC on the Z6) to shove into the 2G Civic sedan chassis. The D16A6 only puts out 108hp.

I don't know exactly what you'll have to do to install a newer D block into your 2G, but you'll definitely have to convert to fuel injection and wire up lines for an ECU. Fuel injection means a high pressure fuel system with the tank and lines to support it, then all the wiring and sensors that go along with it. You'll need to make some custom mounts to keep the engine in place too.

The only reason that i picked the d16A6, is beacause it is easy to find(already found many civics 88-91 that i can buy for 300-400 bucks and take everything but the chassis), is cheap, and not so much of horse power but enough to make the 800 kilos civic run and not fly! In the and I want this civic to last more than a couple of years.So the point remains the same, Is there someone who has a clue of the 2 gen civics and knows a few staff over swaping a Ej1(82) to a D series(D16A6 preferable).
Thank's

I understand your choice for the D16A6- I just thought I'd throw a few high powered suggestions in there for you. :)

Sorry I don't know much about swapping into the 2G chassis though.

HEY CALESTA,
tell me something,
as i am still on search for an engine i found close to me a civic 1,6 1986. I searched through the internet and found that this model has a zc engine. Is that corect? Does that model 1,6 l another engine? Do you know? DO you know how can i recognise the zc engine? Do you have any pics of ZC engine?
Thanks a lot man!
p.s. It is a european model.

A 86 model European Civic could very well have a ZC in it. The way to tell for sure is to just look at the block stamp- it's about 1/3 of the way down the front of the block right where it mounts on to the transmission. A true ZC will actually say "ZC" on the block and not some D16xx code. The Si in the US came with an injected single cam engine, so that 1.6L may have been available to the European market too, but I can't say for sure.

i believe the european civic in 86 had the d16a1, which is the same as the 86-87 integra motors in the US... its a twin cam D series, but it could be the ZC...

Back