1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D16A6 Integra!

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by b16GSR, Dec 28, 2007.

1. b16GSR

b16GSR B Series Guru

Ok so i have a 91' Integra GS that had a 94' GSR swapped into it...i pulled the motor and sold the shell to a friend of mine...we decided to put his old civic si motor into it. We have the motor in the car and everything is wired up but the only problem we have run into so far is that when we go to hook up the battery it sparks on the terminals. Is this a ground? or something really easy that we neglected to do? Thank you

2. b16GSR

b16GSR B Series Guru

ok so the sparking ended up being a bad ground to the starter...now that this mutt car is running and driving, we have a problem. It shakes really bad sometimes and we think that it's because there is no front motor mount...when i say it shakes, the front wheels, the motor and the whole car shake. are we right to say its because of the motor mount?

3. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

bad ground to the starter? lol the starter doesn't have a ground AT ALL. The only wires that should go to the starter is one from the engine bay fuse box, one from the positive battery terminal, and the one that goes to the starter solenoid from the main harness...

What mounts did you guys even use to get a SOHC motor into the engine bay?! What DSeries shift linkage did you find long enough to put into an integra chassis?! Did you extend one from an EF or some shit?! Hell, why would you guys even waste time putting that motor into an Integra?! That shit is gonna be sssllloooooooooowwwwwwwww...

Not trying to be a dick but why...wait, why... nevermind...wait... just why...?

4. b16GSR

b16GSR B Series Guru

sorry it was the positive to the starter...ok, we used one custom linkage for a b16 in a crx and one stock ef linkage...we used the stock motor mounts from the d16...and we did it just so my friend would have a car to drive...and this swap is no more because it destroyed an the driver's side axel...oh well it was fun though...done with 98% stock parts as well.

5. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

I'm not sure about the DA but JDM DCs were available with a D-series in them. A B drops right into a EG, why wouldn't a D drop right into a DA/DC?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted