D16A6 into 90 civic hatch STD wont start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drnenappes

Mr Nissan Geek
Like the title says I swapped an A6 into my 90 STD, this isnt the first time Ive done this swap, Ive checked over all my wiring, and I have fuel, but there is no spark, the ECU is throwing code 15, Ive done all the troubleshooting in the Honda FSM, Ive tried another ECU, I replaced the coil and Igniter unit, and still no spark, Im new to the forum, but not to hondas, Im just stumpped, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

thats what Im thinking, Ive got one coming from a friend later tonight, hopefully it fixes the problem, I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this prob befor and it wasnt the dizzy

Well, I put a new dizzy in the car, and it starts and runs, but its throwing code 4 and it seems to bog when the trottle is applyed. The first time it started it ran great, but after a few minutes it started to run rougher, it idles great but it doesnt want to rev, I know code 4 is the crank angle sensor, Im wondering if this could be the rough running problem, or is there somthing else wrong. Id really want to get this thing running right.

please help

I guess I can try taking the one off my rally car, it has a sohc ZC, I know there is one differance but Im not sure what it is.

still havnt put the new dizzy in, but Im wondering what the 2 wire plug on the bottom of the intake manifold is for, Ive always worked aroud ZCs and B series motors and Im wondering what sensor this is.

its on the bottom side, near the oil pressure sensor, the plug on the harness is the same as the eacv plug but white. the plug on the engine is small, on a better note I put in ANOTHER dizzy, and the car is running a lot better, no more code 4, now I just need to put wheels and a hood on it and take it for a spin, or maby I wont put the hood on just yet.

nope the IAT is on the side of the No 1 intake runner and that is hooked up, this does have the same style plug though.

That sensor? Make sure it's plugged in.
If your running the A6 IM, it should have a spot to plug in...
Also, it's only on A6 wire harness', so if your using the STD harness(converted to MPFI), it wont have that plug on it.

I'm not sure if it's FITV or whatever. I just know that it's only used on the A6's.

The IAT is the wire that runs with the injector wiring, through that little black cover piece.

Are you sure you didn't plug something else into the IAT?

Good question. I'd definatly double check, and try to get some pictures if you can.

I remember when I first did my swap(d16z6), I had my my IAT plugged up wrong. I think I had the IACV plugged up to it? (can't really remember).

I made this a while back, and I think it'll help you out a little.

Engineharnessdiagram.jpg

Last edited:
the one Im looking for is the * plug shown in the pic of the harness, I have the IACV and IAT hooked up correctly, the sensor is on the bottom of the A6 im shown in the first pic, (the extra plug on the STD harness is the one for the EGR valve on the back of the DPFI im and is not needed) Where should I wire this sensor to, I have the plug for it off of the origanal MPFI harness but Im not sure what its supposed to go to. The ECU is not throwing any codes, and the car idles well, but trying to accelerate at low RPMS the car bogs very badly, like its running super rich but the spark plugs show no sign of fouling.

on a side note, does anyone have a vacume routing diagram for the dashpot control solenoid and the map sensor. I just want to make sure its right

thanks, the only problem is, I have 2 lines running to my map sensor, and just curiose, what is the FITV, and what is it for, I wish this was a ZC this A6 has me befudled.

Last edited:
nope, I lied, the one I thought was running to the back of it is actualy a vent, its just located differantly than the pic.

on my ecu pinout I see a Fast Idle Control Solenoid Valve wire located in the B2 pin, is this supposed to conrol the FITV or is it somthing else.

alright, how should I wire it up, its a two wire sensor, which one goes to the ecu and what should I do with the other one.

no the sohc ZCs dont, thats why im having such a prob with it, ive never done a dpfi to mpfi on an A6 just on ZCs. I dont think thats my main prob though, the car is still bogging badly below 3500 rpms, ive tried switching ECUs and I checked the plugs timing belt, and they all look good, Im gonna check compression and leakdown tommorow.

1 of them is probably a ground.
Let me look through my manual and see if the wiring diagrams show anything for it.

EDIT:

I can trace the main sensors(TPS, MAP, etc), but can't seem to find the FITV.
Maybe someone else can(or maybe it's not on that blueprint?)

Last edited:
Back