d16a6 misfiring under load and wont rev past 5k

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CoreyR

heres a picture of the plugs. i tried changing dizzy, injectors and i replaced the fuel filter. if i drive it like a granny and stay under 1/4 throttle it drives ok. it idles really smooth too. compression is 180 across the board and i just changed the head/head gasket and installed head studs. someone help me out im stumped

https://hondaswap.com/forums/uploads/11...2_368_66917.jpg

yea, sounds ignition related. check all the distributer harness wires. the wires running to my vtec soleniod corroded at the plug. if all else fails, ask danica patrick.

its not throwing codes. plugs are gapped at .42 like they should.

im thinking the timing belt isnt right. i couldnt get the crank pulley off when i did the head so i just lined up the cam normal and put the #1 cyl. at TDC. the mark on the puley lined up with the mark on the timing cover or so we thought. you think the cam timing being off would cause this problem?

Quoted post[/post]]
yea, sounds ignition related. check all the distributer harness wires. the wires running to my vtec soleniod corroded at the plug. if all else fails, ask danica patrick.

i checked the wires. none are loose or cut except on the small plug with only 2 wires the thinner one has a small spot where the casing split but the wire isnt cut at all.

could be, pull the valve cover off and check. arent there little holes in the cam caps to put something in to prevent the cam from spinning?

did you reset your timing after you swapped distributors? if not warm to car up, and jump the service connector, then check timing. timing guns are sold at auto zone. you can probably buy it, use it once, and return if your hard up for cash.

Quoted post[/post]]
could be, pull the valve cover off and check. arent there little holes in the cam caps to put something in to prevent the cam from spinning?

did you reset your timing after you swapped distributors? if not warm to car up, and jump the service connector, then check timing. timing guns are sold at auto zone. you can probably buy it, use it once, and return if your hard up for cash.

no i have access to a gun just couldnt get to it today. im gonna try to get the crank pulley off and put the new timing belt on then i will check the ign. timing. hopefully between changing the cap/rotor/wires and putting the new timing belt on it fixes the problem.

Back