D16a6 question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

primed16

I recently purchased a 90 ex sedan with a d16a6 and was just curious to get a little info on an obd1 swap..

I have a complete d16z6 head...with dizzy..intake manifold all sensors ect..and a complete d16z6 wiring harness..and a manual p28 ecu..

my questions is if I use all the parts above I can bolt the head to the d16a6 block and use my z6 harness and a conversion harness from obd0 to obd1 without any major modifications corrrect?? as far as using the harness for the z6 all wiring should be plug and play right??

you can't use the Z6 engine harness in the EF car - different connectors where it plugs into the chassis harness at the firewall - you always use the engine harness that came in your car and make the necessary wiring changes to it - you can get a plug and play conversion for OBD0 to OBD1 with all of the necessary wiring from Rywire:

Rywire - Online Store

the D16Z6 has the MAP sensor on top of the throttle body and your EX has the MAP on the firewall - you will need to extend the wires for the MAP connector so that it will reach the MAP on the throttle body - the MAP wiring is not in the engine harness

you will need to remove the oil jet from the top of the block - it is located on the intake side, between #2 and #3 cylinders

you will need a D16Z6 timing belt and a D16Z6 valve cover

thats all I needed to know thanks for the advice..o yea one more question the civic obd0 civic runs a 1 wire o2 sensor if im not mistaken and the obd1 cars run a 4 wire what needs to be done in that situation if im still using the obd0 harness

thats all I needed to know thanks for the advice..o yea one more question the civic obd0 civic runs a 1 wire o2 sensor if im not mistaken and the obd1 cars run a 4 wire what needs to be done in that situation if im still using the obd0 harness
if you get a Rywire harness conversion, it will have the added wires for the 4-wire O2 sensor - you would just need to swap out the 1-wire sensor for a 4-wire

Back