D16A6 rebuilding Need Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RookieBoyCRXSI

Hey im rebuilding a d16a6 engine with arias 11:1 comp pistons, still gathering up stuff like new studs/bolts, gaskets, rods, bearings and etc. But i am wondering if anyone knows if a 11:1 stroker kit will interfer if i throw a d16z6 head on the block, and if it even worth using the vtec under high compression. I got an aem cam gear for it and if vtec is a good idea, i plan on using the apexi vtec controller. I know how to install vtec, just have no idea if it would interfer or what not seeing that it would increase it to 11.5:1 comp. Any good tips would be greaty appreciated seeing that i have a show down with my best friends turbo charged beamer next year. Anyone willing to help a 91 crx si non turbo beat a 96 bmw 318 ti sport next year please give me some tips. ty out.

Last edited:
you want tips to beat a turbo bimmer? go turbo d series atleast. d all motors are not even worth all the money.

Yea i think i will go with the z6 then, but still i want to know why a good controller isn't good enough. One like this.A'PEX Super AFC NEO Fuel Computers: APX-401-A917 - summitracing.com
I plan on rebuilding it again later on with a turbo or blower. I just wanna get my first jump start. I got a sweet deal on my pistons so i jumped on it. My basic main concern was that if i raise my compression to 11.5 will i start punching valves, i just wanted to make sure before i bought a head. I am going all out with the head work and fine touches. The header, intake and cam are in the works as well. I really didnt want to do the ecu conversion route though. Btw i wasn't in it for the brag, im in because i already planned on the rebuild but my friend challenged me thinking he can beat anyone because he bought a 'beamer'. Lucky, the winter's snow bought me a few months.

Back