1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D16A6 rebuilding Need Help

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by RookieBoyCRXSI, Nov 7, 2006.

1. RookieBoyCRXSI

RookieBoyCRXSI Junior Member

Hey im rebuilding a d16a6 engine with arias 11:1 comp pistons, still gathering up stuff like new studs/bolts, gaskets, rods, bearings and etc. But i am wondering if anyone knows if a 11:1 stroker kit will interfer if i throw a d16z6 head on the block, and if it even worth using the vtec under high compression. I got an aem cam gear for it and if vtec is a good idea, i plan on using the apexi vtec controller. I know how to install vtec, just have no idea if it would interfer or what not seeing that it would increase it to 11.5:1 comp. Any good tips would be greaty appreciated seeing that i have a show down with my best friends turbo charged beamer next year. Anyone willing to help a 91 crx si non turbo beat a 96 bmw 318 ti sport next year please give me some tips. ty out.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2006
  2. erebunicrx

erebunicrx my name is Dale

you want tips to beat a turbo bimmer? go turbo d series atleast. d all motors are not even worth all the money.

3. RookieBoyCRXSI

Yea i think i will go with the z6 then, but still i want to know why a good controller isn't good enough. One like this.A'PEX Super AFC NEO Fuel Computers: APX-401-A917 - summitracing.com
    I plan on rebuilding it again later on with a turbo or blower. I just wanna get my first jump start. I got a sweet deal on my pistons so i jumped on it. My basic main concern was that if i raise my compression to 11.5 will i start punching valves, i just wanted to make sure before i bought a head. I am going all out with the head work and fine touches. The header, intake and cam are in the works as well. I really didnt want to do the ecu conversion route though. Btw i wasn't in it for the brag, im in because i already planned on the rebuild but my friend challenged me thinking he can beat anyone because he bought a 'beamer'. Lucky, the winter's snow bought me a few months.

4. erebunicrx

erebunicrx my name is Dale

dont plan on beating him n/a.

5. RookieBoyCRXSI

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted