D16A6 Swap and MPFI Conv. almost complete

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sinfulcivic

Anyone have any experience with A D15B to a D16A6 Swap, and a DPFI to MPFI
at the same time? I almost pulled it off, but the car is stumbling and runs so rich that its fouling out the spark plugs. I am using the ECU from the Civic which had DPFI, as i was informed i could with the mods to the wiring harness, but im beginning to think i need to get a new ECU for this to work out right???The engine i swapped for is from a 1990 CRX SI with MPFI and the existing 1990 CIVIC Hatchback chassis held a DPFI D15B?? engine. Do i need to get a ECU that is setup for MPFI?? Anyone happen to know why im running so badly? HELP ifn ya can !! Thank You for your support.
I have done the conv. from dpfi to mpfi, but had some trouble figuring out the injector wiring part.;i adopted the injector resistor box and alls well there, but this calls for hooking up two more wires from the resistor box and replacing two existing wires that go to fuel injectors, and making a bow wire, I dont know exactly where i am supposed to hook up these wires to at the injector resistor box, and dont know wtf a bow wire is, I would love to keep the ecu i have already in action, but am getting kinda worried that it wont work .. Do i need to go with an ecu change out for the mpfi to work correctly? Please reply, this is goin into its third week in moms garage, and if moms aint happy........... you guessed it!!

Sport Compact car had a good article on this last year, you can find it on the intArnet. You need to switch the ecu to a pm6 (I think this is it) it is from an 88-91 crx/civic si or 90-91 civic ex sedan. Make sure you get one from a 5spd if you own a 5spd. Check your wiring. The wires that go to the resistor box are both of the yellow/black wires that came off of your old fuel injector plugs. I have not done the swap in over a year so some of this stuff is blurry.

exactly right!! i have been trying to make the pm5 work for me, and did get it running, terrible, haha and had to break down and get a pm6 from an si, just fired her up this am. need to tune her a little , runs kinda rough still, but do i need both wires, (yellow w/black) running to resistor box? i am only using one.

When I did mine I was told to use both

Back