D16A6 swap w/ D15B2 - Electrical

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fiddleworth

I have a 89 Civic Si 1.6L fuel injection that died and I have a 90 civic 1.5L dual point motor that I want to replace it with. How can I modify the car to accept a 1.5 instead of the 1.6 and what do I need to change to make it work? Do I need to switch intake manifolds, or get all the electrical from a 90 civic? I have both cars and both engines avaliable to me.

just use your intake/exaust manifold. head and block should bolt right in.

google could have told you that!

u'd have to wire the car up from mpfi to dpfi...
not sure why you'd want to go that route but there is our 'reference' section or you can google your answer...

no you don't.. why would you downgrade to dpfi.

ethan's right. just use all your mpfi components. they'll bolt right up to the d15 block.

the only thing in not 100% on is that maybe a mount may be different. but im 99.9% sure they are the same. don't matter though its as simple as changing your underwear!

dpfi isn't carb... its a primary fuel injector that fires all the time, and an auxillary injector which fires when adittional fuel is needed. use the mpfi intake manifold off of the a6 like everyone says.

it wont be an issue. the car will run fine. why dont you just look around for another d16a6 to replace it with? you can get em all day for like 150-300 bucks...

yea depending where u live but the d15b2 motors pretty much have 0 power at 6 grand its at 92 i have one in my crx im going to go mpfi with a diff head and from a vtec or somthing i was told that works id remember wat motor it was tho lol but u can also upgrade by putting a d15z cam i think ill look to c if thats the right one but there nt great motors haha i wanna jst upgrade to a b motor

Back