D16a6 timing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

watkinscrx89

I was trying to time my motor i was told it was 18. So i got around there it runs for about two min and dies. It will start right back up and do the same thing. Can i get some help from you guys "THANKS"

18 what?

If it runs for 2 minutes and dies I'm going to guess something other than timing. Perhaps a clogged up fuel filter? Or a bad pump?

D16a6timing

I was told to set it at 18 degrees the pump is new i guess i could have a bad one.I will check the filter.THANKS

Check all three filters.

Tank, Firewall mounted filter, injector filter screens.

What ECU are you running? Did you have it tuned?

Ecu is pm6,no it not tuned just stock. The injector screens?Are they on the mani?

No, they're inside the injectors. Don't mess with them unless you know that they're dirty. Think of it as a last-resort filter that very rarely gets anything in it. If one of them was clogged, I'd be suprised.

Have you tried the fuel pump relay yet?

D16a6timing

Where is the fuel pump relay enginebay or under the dash?

Drain the gas-tank. Drain it completely, then fill it with a gallon or so of fresh gas, slosh it around, then drain and discard all of it properly.

I've seen what you describe happen before, and it was an egg in the gas tank. Might want to check that too.

D16a6timing

I dont think it is the gas in the tank it is good. I clean out the tank a month be for i put in the fuelpump. Im going to check all this stuff out this weekend thank you guys

I've heard of people spending a lot of money with this situation an it so far has been a slight amount of water mixed with the gas, I know a guy who spent thousands trying to figure out the problem by replacing everything an all it was, was water in the tank with the gas. Check that out maybe..

Back