d16a6 to '91 dx hatch... is it doable?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

'zooka djo

hi

i have a '91 dx civic and was wondering about possilble swaps for my car. since i got no answer to my similar question about a month ago, i did some research by myself, and found (don't remember where) this swap to be one of the options for me...

can someone, please, tell me whether this swap is possible and if so, how much problems will i have fitting the engine in? my current engine is d15b1 - 70hp :D
laughable, huh?

i would be most grateful for some guides...

d16a6 isnt a problem, it mounts to all you stock locations, all you would have to do is a duelpoint to mutipoint swap and put the engine in. do you have a 5,4 speed or auto?

<www.fourthgenhatch.com/mpfi.html>

Even gives you pictures to look at.

If you can't do wiring then I would not tackle this project, cause that is all it is really.

Hope I helped.

Originally posted by crx@Jan 20 2004, 09:45 PM
d16a6 isnt a problem, it mounts to all you stock locations, all you would have to do is a duelpoint to mutipoint swap and put the engine in. do you have a 5,4 speed or auto?

d16a6 isnt a problem, it mounts to all you stock locations, all you would have to do is a duelpoint to mutipoint swap and put the engine in.

great. what ecu should i use? original ecu with that engine is pm6, but i'm not sure if i'll be able to find it. is there an acceptable alternative? if i found it somewhere in US, how much would the shipping to europe cost? to croatia, to be precise...

btw. i have a 5 speed dx manual tranny. can it stay?

thanx, both of ya...

It can stay and will be a good tranny. If you really want to you can put the si one in which will be a little faster but it will rev higher at all speeds than your dx tranny did. I mean like 4 grand at 80 mph.
On the ecu issue, it depends on which manifold you are going to use. I would recommend using the one from the a6 and doing an mpfi swap. Do a search on the mpfi swap and see what it entails.

Back