D16A6 to D15B1 swap questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2Fast924

I had a 1989 Civic Si with MPFI fuel injection and a D16A6 block. On my 18th birthday, my motor decided to blow up on me :( So I found a D15B1, and I have decided to swap it into my car. I bolted my Si tranny up to it, and I plan on putting my old intake manifold on it and running MPFI. Will I encounter any problems swaping the MPFI into the B1 head? Also, I was hoping to swap my A6 cam into my B1 head, but I have heard the cam is 1/2 tooth off. This confuses me because I don't see how this is a problem if I have a A6 cam gear, and/or a B1 cam gear. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

i see no issues going to mpfi from the original dpfi that was on the d15b1 you said it was an si before hand.. and your trans will work fine with the motor too.. basicly you will go from having some power.. to super slow.. as for your cam issue.. what exactly blew up when u said ur motor went out on you..?? did u consider swaping the entire head over to the d15?

Back