d16a6 wiring problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone I recently bought a 91 civic dx "special edition" with a d16a6 swapped into it but the guy I bought it off of never changed the intake,dizzy,wiring harness or ecu from d15 to the proper d16si parts.I now have all the parts I need to swap and everything is hooked up except for the big round plug at the back on the drivers side of the engine bay,I think it might be going into the dash but I'm not sure.The problem is my new si harness has 8 wires on that plug and the plug coming from the car has 12 and I can't find wich colors where and what to do with the extra 4 wires??Any help would be much appreciated because I have searched for a few days now and can't find this information anywhere.

since your car was a DX, you need to use the DX engine wiring harness and make the DPFI to MPFI wiring changes to it - engine wiring harnesses are not interchangeable between different models - the DX chassis harness that runs from the ECU to the firewall doesn't have the wiring in it which is needed to run the MPFI engine - it has wiring for only 2 fuel injectors and no wiring for the cylinder sensor in the distributor - these are the wires that need to be added directly from the ECU to the engine bay when doing the DPFI to MPFI swap - on the passenger side the DX has only 2 connectors from the engine harness to the chassis harness - the Si engine harness has 3 connectors at this location - there is no way to mate the Si engine harness to the DX chassis harness - you can use the fuel injector wiring and connectors along with the distributor connectors from the Si harness when converting the DX harness to MPFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back