d16a6 with d16z6 pistons, compression diffrence?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5speed4life

hey im a little confused here. I have a d16z6 block i am building up, and i took the stock rotating assembly out of it. I also have a d16a6 with a rod knock.

Now in the meantime i want to get my hatch running, and im going to put the rotating assembly from the z6 in the a6, and i was wondering if that was gona drop my compression?

My logic behind that is if you put a z6 head on an a6 block, (mini me) you get a boost in compression, up to a theoretical 11:1 C/R.

But that same head on the z6 block gives you a c/r of 9.2:1 or similar.
So what happens when you put the a6 head onto a z6? Will i have a c/r of 8:1 or will it be stock 9.1:1 of the a6?

I want to test out my turbo (RHB52) and i dont really care about this engine since i got the a6 for free (with a header too!). But the lower compression ratio would help my engine run for a longer time.

Im running the RHB52 turbo, ford intercooler (a little smaller than the radiator, fits right next to it) 2.25" i/c piping, 330cc injectors, 2.5" downpipe, missing link, stock cx exaust and ecu.

Would it be a good move to put the z6 rotating assembly in the a6, or should i just replace the rod/crank and keep the a6 pistons in the a6 block?

Thanks for any info you can throw my way.

This should help some:

http://www.knology.net/~jediklc/D.htm

Remember to use the deck clearance number that matches the block the pistons came from.

Looks like Z6 pistons in an A6 block will get you 8.43:1 compression. I would just replace the crank and rods, then keep the A6 pistons. You're going to have to replace all your bearings too, so keep that in mind for your "cheap" rebuild.

Originally posted by 97hatch@Nov 7 2004, 09:31 PM
should be about 8.5:1
[post=413560]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks all, but that idea was unfortuantly shot down. I just noticed the retard who owned the block b4 me put bolts in the AC braket holes after taking off the ac, and the bolts were too long. the bolts went through the wall and cracked the block.

I guess im just gona build up tha z6, stock.

Back