D16a8 vs. D16a9

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ref

Hi I recently bought a 89' CRX with a D16a8 engine.
And no one knows how much BHP the engine develops.
Some say that its the same engine as the A9 and some say its the same as the Z5.
While searching through google I found several sites saying that it has 137bhp@6800.
But most people say it has 130. :dry:

Can someone please tell me - how much power does the D16a8 really have - according to Honda ?
And what are the main differences between a8 and a9

I read that the compression ratio is slightly higher in the A8, and the exhaust manifolds could be different.
My car is equiped with a catalysator. Ah, and also the ECu could be different.

The car is a swiss version of the Ed9. I heard that some engine versions have only been sold to Switzerland and Japan.

Anyway, Im really confused and would be thankfull for any information.

Besides that - I probably have V-tec brakes, I checked the size of them with a ruler, but Im 95% sure theyre not 240mm ones.

Btw: I would also like to say "Hi" to all users, as this is my first post here. :)
Thanks.

According the reference section here:
D16A8/9 1595 137@6800 108@5700 9.5:1 75 90 dohc no 0 1988-1989 Integra

It shows them as the same @ 137hp 108ft-lb tq
In any case of slightly higher compression or different exhaust manifolds, i think the HP difference wouldnt be far away. (+- 5)
Welcome to the site.

Hi

:wave:

That should be accurate. The D16A8 and D16A9 are pretty much identical to the DOHC ZC, but were sold outside the JDM and USDM markets. The pistons are definitely the same as the DOHC ZC. I'm pretty sure the engine mounts are slightly different too.

By the way, my fiancee is Polish. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the board.

Back