D16A9 Head on D16a6 block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

x-treme

Hi everyone, I was wondering if the cylinderhead of the D16A9(DOHC) will fit on my D16A6 (SOHC) engine? I can get one complete with intake and ecu.
tnx!!

:eek: as far as i know, a D series engine is SOHC and a B is DOHC. so if you did make a typo and it should have been a B, then the head will not fit. otherwise i dont know. never heard of a D16a9

PLease do not post if you are not atleast 95% sure you are correct. There are dohc d series engines. Search the site.

It can be done, but it will have to be machined to fit. Its not worth it at all. I think it has been covered numberous times. For the amount of work it would take and the money it would take you are better off just buy a zc.

No, i wouldn't do it, like Jeef said: Too much work just to say your "DOHC"
Don't be so quick to throw away what you got there though! The d16a6 is probably one of the best engines honda ever made. (please don't post to that, i'm sure your b16 is good too. <_< ) It has one of the meanest profile cams STOCK, a great flowing head, and a really good bottom end as well. If anything, make it a Mini-Me and add a SOHC VTEC head to it. That way you could have roughly the same amount of hp as doing the DOHC swap AND you'd have VTEC! plus it can be done for under $500 easy. :D Remember: b16a=1.6L D16a6= 1.6L anything is possible.

Back