D16W1 engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

HR-V

Hi i own a UK spec HR_V 4x4 fitted with a DW16W1 engine.Im looking for any help with tuning this engine head swops,camshafts or even angine swops. any help much appreciated. Thanks.:)

Hi. I own HR-V UK with D16W1 engine as well. The only difference is that mine is '99. I came to pretty similar conclusion after 10K miles since I've bought it :eek:. HR-V with D16 (SOHC) engine is seriously underpowered especially on hilly motorways and it craves for more horsies. :D
The engine is 105 bhp an the car isn't very heavy (curb weight 1180 kg). Somehow the power is dissipated and you can hardly feel it. D16 feels comfortable between 2000 and 3500 rpms. When out of that range it is rather useless.
I was wondering about the engine swap. The idea is still fresh and under development. I'm at the stage of gathering information and doing my homework. I'm considering two engines as potential B16 and the other H22
Found in the European 1998-2002 Accord Type-R (CH1). It produces 215 PS (158 kW; 212 hp) and comes with a "red top".

Or something from B family B16 or B18.
For now I think I'll use some basic improvements like:
1. Induction kit
2. FPR
3. Improved flow SS exhaust manifold + front pipe + decat

Dude, this thread is almost 4 years old. Thanks for the info, but try to be conscious of the dates on stuff before you hit "reply" from now on. If you have anything else to add here, PM me and let me know. Otherwise, I'm going to go ahead and lock this so we don't keep bringing it back from the dead...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back