D16Y1 problemss

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

johnvtec

hi, my '94 civic VTi with the D16Y1 engine is running way to rich. It is spitting out carbon and what looks like either water or petrol. I checked the leads the spark is weak so i changed the dizzy cap, sparkplug leads and the rotor but it is still miss firing and the car is chocking. Smoke is coming out exhaust and every time i give it a little rev to about 2500 RPM or over and back off, it will stall. I checked the timing and the timing is perfect. Does any one know what the problem is or what i should do ?

- If you washed your engine lately you might have gotten water in between your spark plugs and spark plug wires which make it misfire.

- Check to make sure your spark plugs aren't worn out, and your air filter isn't pluged up

- one of the sensors on the engine like the tps( throttle position sensor) is messed up

- You have a vaccum leak some were on the throttle body and or intake manifold making the engine to pump more fuel to keep up with the extra air

thats all I would know, hope it works out

oxy sensor is due for a change im not sure about TPS but the car cuts out at idle it wants to stall so i think idle controller is also due for a change ?

Well what i think is the engine may not be getting enough fuel
( change the fuel filter if you haven't)

If that doesnt fix it get a Haynes repair manual and a volt meter and check the TPS( on the side of the throttle body, and the MAP( on top of throttle body) and anything else it could be

Back