D16Y5 is it worth building?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RussD96

I have a 96 Civic vtec-e it's got a D16y5, it's my daily but want to know if the motor is worth building to get some decent power?

Welcome to Hondaswap ! and it would all depend on your goals really, intake/header/exhaust/short throw shifter can deff make the car fun to drive but all depends on how much power you want to make, dseries can make some power but usually its cheaper bang for buck to bseries swap ex: ls b18 non vtec or gsr , b16 , post up some pictures of your ride !

this is an HX correct?
don't bother

you might be able to turbo it
all motor will be a disappointment

id swap it and start from there

as stated above
budget?
goals?
intended use?

yea intake/header on dseries is pretty much strictly SOUND lol and in my head im trying to weigh price vs price and all leads to engine swap if wanna make power , I/h/e money on brand name stuff is easy cost of entire bseries swap

I have a 96 Civic vtec-e it's got a D16y5, it's my daily but want to know if the motor is worth building to get some decent power?

if it's your daily, i'd suggest building a motor on the side. get a b-series, put it on an engine stand and build it how you want it. then install when it's complete. you can spend $1,000 on that current engine and MIGHT get 10 hp.

no, and from goals etc from OP it wouldnt be a "build" its a cone filter and a muffler lol long as he enjoys it

Back