D16y7/d15b8 hrbird

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

superstreet00

I have a 96 honda civic hatchback (d16y7) I spun a bearing in cillinder one and sold the block but i still have the head. i recentlly acquired and d15b8 engine with 700000 mi I was wonderin if it would be easier to swap heads for wiring sake or just but the whole d15b8 motor into my car.

Ps. if its going to be easier to swap heads what timing belt do i use because the d15 timing belt is longer than the d16 and which Ecu should i use

If there both non vtec, i dont see why it would be a problem to do the whole motor. It should bolt right in and wire up to you harness, just use the proper ecu. The only thing you might have to worry about is hydro clutch or cable cluch.

The heads and blocks are more or less the same, so it doesn't matter which you choose, really. The only thing I would say is to use the head off of the Y7 so that JUST IN CASE a savvy CHP officer takes a look under your hood, he won't send you to the ref. But I doubt it.

Back