D16y7 Engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BPEX

GMF
Hey im a new honda owner and was wondering if my d16y7 engine could handle perfomance parts.or should i get an engine swap if so which engine do you guys recommend?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
it all depends on money and yes it can handle performance parts easy but is it a y7 or y8

well in that case swap it not worth messing with

well for the money it will take to get any good numbers out of it you could buy a swap

you could change the intake manifold to a y8 intake and you also could buy a cam for it and you would for sure make more power than a y8 i know i have done it. you might look for a 92-95 ex or si tranny or a 96-00 ex trany and it will make a huge difference.

ps the y7 motors are strong i sprayed 100hp of nitrous on one for more than 2 years and i decided that i wanted a vtec engine and put in a y8 well i blew up the third time down the track the rod just brike on the big end on cly number 3 so i put my old y7 back in and ran it for another year then it had low oil pressure and needed new bearings N20 in large amounts is hard on bearings but it took all the abuse i could throw at it

and a y7 is a great turbo platform. the long gears are crazy good, and switch over to a y8 or aftermarket manifold youll be all set (with AEM or a conversion to OBD1).

Back