d16y7 in a 91 civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i put a d16y7 in my 91 dx.I used my wiriing harness and intake manifold.I changes the map sensor,air mixture sensor and the intake gasket and still it idles up and down.goes from 900rpm-1200 up and down up and down.There is a sensor on the back of the y7 block below the intake that is not hooked up.We reset the ecu still damkn thing purges up and down..please help

Are you sure all the air is out of the coolant system? if its not bled properly this will also cause an up and down idle.

That plug you got behind intake manifold is called the IDLE CONTROL AIR VALVE
IT must be unplugged and then use a flathead and turn counterclock wise to lower rpm to reduce the bogging. After lowering the bogging plug the iacv plug. IF this not solve it you will have to drain coolant. Why? To clean the IACV filter may be clogged that is why bogging is occuring. REPLACE O-RING!;)

TAKE it out and replace with PM6 si one. The ports on the d15 are like sunflower seeds while the si intake is like watermelons. More air in the camber for a better head flowing out of exhaust manifold.;)

Back