d16y7 in EG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ttboostboy

im in the middle of doing my swap and i have some problems.

1)The rear T-bracket or rear tranny mount does not stretch all the way to the rubber bushing its supposed to bolt up to in the rear of the compartment. In other words its too short to reach the mount in the rear. I used the t bracket from the automatic y7 tranny. my question: is there a difference between the automatic t-bracket and the manual one?

2)If you did the swap before how did you mount the throttle cable? i tried using a d15 manifold with the y7 manifold but no luck.

You gotta use the manual bracket if you are using a manual tranny. also there are 2 ways to mount the throttle cable. i am using a z6 intake mani and it's the same routing as the d15 had. if you are gonna keep the y7 mani you can move the throttle cable bracket towards the fire wall 1 bolt (bolt and mount closest to the front are not used) to give the cable more length. You will be using the front hole on the bracket and the rear threaded hole on the intake manifold. lemme do a little ms paint skillz real quick. well, sear's computers dont have paint on them. i'll draw up a little diagram or take a pic when i get home around 12. hope something helped. im back to my lunch break

Back