1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D16Y7 in to a 92 cx

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by no_money_cx, Jun 1, 2008.

1. no_money_cx

no_money_cx civic newbe

hey guys you might have read my other thread (http://hondaswap.com/hybrid-eg-ek-dc/newbe-needs-help-motor-swap-132485/)about putting a D16 in my 92 cx. well a buddy of mine has a D16Y7 out of a 98 civic. the car was totaled. he says the car only had 27k on the odo. hes also said the its been sitting for two years.the motor is complete with 5speed trans, motor harnes, NO ECU. Hes said if i want it he will give it to me for 300 bucks. what would i have to do to get this to work?
    Thanks Again

2. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

Well, you're going to need an obd2>obd1 conversion harness, and the obd2 ECU for that engine (P2E I believe).

Other than that, its plug and play my friend. Provided your 92 cx had a D-Series in it prior to this swap, you're good to go.

3. Luis998

Luis998 Honda Enthusiast

May I suggest looking for a D16Z6 instead. The reason is, some of those can be had for the same price, you would be getting more power and it would be VTEC. Just a thought. Best of luck to you. :thumbsup:

4. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

PLUS, it wouldn't require an OBD conversion...

5. Luis998

Luis998 Honda Enthusiast

BOOYAH! Brutal for the win! SWOOSH! :D

6. hatukazi

hatukazi ambitious...but rubbish

sorry, I'm late.

to make the Y7 work in your cx you will want a 92-95 DX/EX intake manifold and throttle body, your CX wire harness and replace your PO5 ecu with a PO6, you will end up plugging a coolant line that wont go into thw OBD1 manifold, if you use the DX tranny with this setup you will notice a big difference in performnce without the extra price people want to stick on anything thats labled VTEC.

here's mine done, with a light flywheel and bolt-ons that really aren't worth much power it's faster than my wife's EX. it's a great deal for more power you can feel (I paid $350 for mine with way more miles and I think I got a marvelous deal)
    [​IMG]

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted