d16y7 into 91 crx hf

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The rpm switch idea works but there is no saftey net with that setup ie. no low oil pressure vtec cutoff+ d16y oil pump= grenade. I'm not trying to flame your setup though. i would just recommend something a little more cookie cutter for this particular setup.

NO Flame Taken! I guess I should ADD the fact that I port the shit outta the stock oil pump! and I Make a sweet Epoxy radius on the plugged end of the Pump. Then I take the Pressure regulator plunger out and stack a couple Brass washers from the hardware store as a pump shim! Walla 85 pounds of pressure at mid throttle and 50 at idle! AND I BEAT THE HOLY BALLS OUTTA THE THING!!!!!

Hey as far as Motor mounts take the front mount off the HF motor and cut the timing cover of the 16 and use all the other HF mounts!

This is a pointless swap. The only thing good this swap is used for is to give the Rex to your wife and she will think it's fast. Try looking around for a y8 head but keep in mind that the y7 and y8 motors spin bearings vary quick. Good luck!

Dude NOT EVERYONE HAS TO HAVE A TURDBOED B18 SO LAY DOWN! some people Just think Everyone has to do it their way!

Last edited:
Two very simple solutions to that rod bearing/oil pump issue...either port the oil pump, I've heard this has moderate success (obviously make sure to clean up all metal shavings before reassembling), or you could replace the oil pump there are a couple aftermarket companies that offer improved designs.I spun a bearing in my y8 block in 3 months. So he's not exactly joking about that. Besides when you look at the fact that most stock crx's came with around 95 hp, swapping in the y7 won't offer much power gain considering honda's spec for it is 107 hp. However when you talk about swapping in a z6 or y8 with 130 hp with bolt ons suddenly that crx is pretty quick for your wife...or otherwise.

Last edited:
Back