D16Y7 into a SI EF

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
My little brother is looking at picking up an EF with a blown engine. The owner already has a d16y7 that he is going to include with the car. I have been doing some reading on this swap but since it is a pretty worthless swap other then being cheap, haven't had too much luck.

Since the car is an SI, I will not have to do a mpfi swap. What I have been reading is just use the block and head from the d16y7, then for the wire harness intake manifold, alternator, and starter use the d16a6's. Is that really all there is for the swap. Doesn't seem too hard. I already know that I have to run wire up the fan diffrently since the diffrence in location of the sensors. Anything else I should know. I was planning on using the stock SI's ecu. Seam ok?

it will be a easy bolt in if you use the a6 ecu, intake(keeps the iacv stuff the same) and i would use the a6 exhaust manifold also dosent have 2nd cat on it other than that take out the old and put in the ney it will still be better than the a6 was

Back