d16y7 or b-series engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ikefuntz

here's the story...i hav a d16y7 automatic....people tell me to turbo it and do other mods wit it..."mini-swap" and all....but im also deciding if i should buy a b16 or b18 engine......but then i also want to build up on this stockl engine (d16y7)...wha should i do??? or wha kicks in more once im done wit building up, d16y7 or b16 b18????? please let me kno!!!!!

well b series owns. you can build a d series but to get to the same level of stock performance is going to cost you more than a b series swap.
plus your going to have to learn how to drive stick if you want to have a fast honda. auto to manual conversion and then a b series swap.

i myself , im doing minime because im poor. 500 for a whole minime conversion.

go with the swap i say b18c if you like vtec b18b if you don't and then after that if you still want to turbo that i think you would be better off in the long run plus you would have fewer miles on the motor

just my 2 cents

I got a B16a2[no time to do swap...work busy] and when I put it in I'm gonna rebuild and then build the puny D15 just to have something different in the wings but the power is what I want so I went B.....more buildable also

Back