d16y7 to b18b CFK code 54, Still after conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ilubmyEG

converted the 3 wire to the 2 wire plug, everything is connected and im still getting the code, is there something else I need to do? Wait? Reset ecu?

Or am I left with the trick to bypass the code and get its signal from c4 and c14 the cyp or something?

Ill try and explain the best I can
I have a b18b1 p75 manual in my 97 dx. I extended needed wires and plugs, iacv, CKF converted to a 2 plug secondary O2 wired. Now when I tried to start it orignally it started and ran pretty well but was throwing code 54 which is CKF sensor. I read all over and even tho i converted the 3 wire plug to 2 wire it still was throwing the same code. So i read about this bypass trick where you let the leads of C1 piggy back off C4 and C11 Piggy back off C14 sharing the c4 and c14 signal to the CKF. NOW when I did this trick I dont know what the fuh my brain was thinking but after you piggy back them you cut c1 and c11 after the piggy back so the wires going to the harness in the bay dont mess with it. Now what I did is i clipped c14 and piggy backed it to c11. tried to start it and got code 9 after seeing what I did wrong I quickly got my solder gun out and mended the two back together and quickly did it right. after that i tried to start it and the engine started for a second then died. When you crank it over each crank the CEL light blinks very faintly and you hear a on/off clicking or ticking noise coming from the glove box. this was all last night, i went out today in hopes that it magically went away, went out fired her up and she started right up. She ran for about 10 seconds no CEL's and then died. then back to the clicking noise and not starting. Im thinking i blew a fuse but I checked every single one of them bastards with no luck. I am now to the point of thinking its fuel and that the fuel pump or something with fuel is unable to be grounded or get power to get the engine its fuel. Sometimes as I sit and crank and crank it almost fires and the clicking stops. then goes back to normal. What do you guys think, any help is awesome ill try anything!

As of now, I have replaced the dizzy and main relay, and and sorta the same issue.

When I turn the key into the on position, normally the cel comes on then goes off.
Right now, it goes faintly on and never disappears, its as tho it doesnt go through its like first check then get ready to start?

After replacing the main relay, i still get that clicking noise but not as bad. it Sounds as tho some kind of ground or relay isnt getting tripped or is when the first click of the engine happens or when I turn the key to on position.

Also, its almost like i can clear what is happening by disconnecting the battery dizzy and pulling the fuse for fi e/m under the hood. sometimes it fires right up no codes runs for about 10 seconds then dies and goes back to the faint cel light on.

Issue was, the ecm wasnt grounding properly from to the main relay and wasnt grounding the fuel pump. 3 hours later from multimeter. all set no codes running like a champ.

Damn, didn't see this until now. Glad you got the problem solved.

Back