d16y7 to d16y5 problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

angel_ivan

ok so i swapped the D16Y7 to a D16Y5 from a wrecked car. I used the Y7 tranny with the Y5 motor(manual). Well the problem is that 1ST gear goes to 20 MPH then "tops out," the same is true with all gears. What could be the problem. I took the Y5 wiring harness and ECU and placed it in place of the Y7, so now everything is wired up but the problem is the CEL is on and the nearest place to get it checked is 50 miles away.

You likely need to install the Y7 ecu .. Y7 is nonVTEC, & because Y5 is VTEC-E, it's having issues with the missing knock sensor, oil pressure solenoid ...etc..
You can check CEL on your own .. you'll hafta look around for the procedure on that 1.

but i used the Y5 ECU and Y5 wiring harness and the Y5 engine IN THE old car which was Y7...SO YOU are saying use the Y7 ECU with the Y5 motor?

yeah i put tha y7 ecu back on but it makes it exagerrated slow lol:D

sounds like you screwed your wiring. keep the y5 ecu with the y5 motor of course but check your wiring. is your dizzy ok also?

no clue man. run a scan for the hell of it and see if its throwing a code anywhere

Back