d16y7 to JDM OBD2 D15b need wiring info ASAP!!!!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4show4race

i just bought a jdm d15b and the wiring harness is all buchard up. i salvaged the wires that i think i need there was one sensor under the intake and the double vetec three wires total i was told there was for. and also i need to know how and where do i run the wires i have to my ecu if i plan on using my old wiring harness... please help this is my only ride and im tired of bumming rides for parts...

Please rewrite this post so we can read it.
What year is the car?
What year is the engine?
What wiring harness are you using?
What exactly do you need to know?

my car is a 96 honda civic lx
the engine is a 96+ d15bjdm double vtec
the wiring harness im using is from the original d16y7 engine which was for a non-vetec, but i have the scraps from the d15b harness i have salvaged the double vtec connector and wires and the sensor that is under the intake on the motor. i have a new ecu that goes with the d15b but i have to run the wires i salvaged into the d16y7 wiring harness and i don't know how to or where they go and if i need anymore wires besides the three wires i have salvaged. thanks for your help and your prolly gonna have to speak dumby to me so i can understand if you have the answer... thanks

Question..... Would it be easier if i bought a vtec controller like the apexi super vafc-2? and if so could it work with the double vtec?

Run the wires you need, into the inside where the ECU goes. Passenger side firewall hole.
No a VTEC controller won't help you.
Good luck.

i need to know where i need to put the wires i salvaged into the ecu because there is only one end on them. i got them connected to the motor but the other end was cut off and i just need to know where to put them into the connectors that go into the ecu.

Back