1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D16Y7 to Y8 Head Swap.... What I Need

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by biglonglenthman, Apr 9, 2008.

1. biglonglenthman

biglonglenthman New Member

Hi there, I'm new to the forums....

But anyway on to my questions, i have very recently managed to get hold of a 1996 Civic EJ6 Coupe i have wanted one for a very long time,
    It has the D16Y7 non vtec motor and i really want to swap out the head to a Y8... I have a few guides and stuff and i have done full engine swaps/rebuilds before so i know what im doing in that part, i'm just curious about the ECU and the re-wireing?? i mean i was never good with electrics :rolleyes:

Please could you run down a list of what i'm going to need, and which ECU to go for (something easy and i dont mind getting a knocking sensor)i've read the P28 are the way forward but i really dont know enough about that so any help would be great.

Also what exactly will i have to do... i mean after i fit the head what kind off problems am i likely to face?

Thanks again guys, if anyone has any links to guides or whatever that would also be great..

P.S Any head from a '96-'00 Y8 will fit on my current '96 Y7 Block wont it?

Biglonglenthman

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  2. t3t4delsol

t3t4delsol New Member

this question comes up atleast 5 times daily use the search button at the top of the page

3. biglonglenthman

I have, and i dont want other people's answers i would like someone to answer me if that means they link me to another thread then fine...

Thanks, anyway

4. YBLEGAL

YBLEGAL Regular Member w/ Cheese

5. YBLEGAL

see you probably wanted one for a long time because that's the body style that was in The Fast And The Furious...

so your EXACT circumstances have arose many other places. do us a favor and use the search...

6. biglonglenthman

Well, it wasnt from the fast and the furious that i wanted one of these.... It was long before that,

As for everyone being so negative to me fine, i'm new the forum give me a bit of a break?? you think i havent used google??? the reason i ask is because i cant find what im looking for call it bad search skills if you wish but it still leaves me with the same problem.

As for the whole ECU thing i suppose i'll ask else where,

Cheers, :rolleyes:

Biglonglenthman

7. YBLEGAL

8. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Pretty sure the Civics in that movie were actually the 92-95 chassis...correct me if I'm wrong...

9. YBLEGAL

yes, you are actually correct!

well that's the last damn time i'm listening to my buddy for car trivia. he insisted to me it was a '96 one day. but i just looked it up, and you sir are correct, lol.

10. biglonglenthman

Right well thanks guys i was bad at searching but i'm pretty sure ive got it coverd... i'll let you know any problems or anything :)

Biglonglenthman:cool:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted