1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D16y7 to...

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by Mouko, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Mouko

Mouko New Member

So, I find myself the owner of a 96 Del Sol S with a custom paint job, aftermarket body kit, and dropped on H&R race springs with 17" wheels. One of the caveats is that there is 203k on the odo. So, an engine swap will be necessary soon. At first I was thinking of doing a gsr swap, but i think it will be easier and more economical to get another D series engine and turbo it, seeing as cost and time are two big issues for me, being married and in the Army. So my questions are, which engine (D16y8 mebe?) and transmission are best for my goals. This is my first honda so I will have alot of questions over the next few months as I plan my projects.

2. 99sidude

99sidude Moderator Moderator VIP

z6 with an si/ex transmission.

3. serrilion

serrilion In my own little world! VIP

A D16z6 would be a good choice also but the D16y8 mite be a better, depends on what OBD your car is, want to match up the same motor OBD as the the 1 that is in there. Also you would need to get a P28 ECU... ect ect to complete your swap. GL with it all, and the army shouldn't be slowing u down, least mine dont :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted