1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D16Y7 Turbo build... it begins...

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by CRXSi86, Feb 15, 2009.

1. CRXSi86

CRXSi86 Fatty

Alright, I have done my research, and paid my dues. time to start the build.

Here's the list...so far
    DSM T25 turbo
    FMIC
    Greddy BOV
    Tubular Mani
    ARP Head studs
    Complete rebuild of the y7 (new bearings, thrust wahsers, etc...)
    Vitara low comp pistons
    Eagle rods
    Tunertoys 550 High Impedence Injectors
    Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
    Gizzmo EBC
    Chipped P06 ecu
    2.5-3 BAR MAP sensor(not sure where to get this yet...)
    FPR

So I got the Turbo, BOV, FMIC, FPR, oil lines, and mani on CL for 220 shipped... That was a great find [​IMG]

He is shipping them out Monday, so they shouild arrive tuesday or wed. since im only 1 state over.

ALSO just ordered the Vitara low comp pistons today... those should be here tues. or wed. as well.

I will get pics as soon as they arrive [​IMG]
    and Ill keep everyone updated on the build. Thanks for looking.
    Hope to get some subc. out of this one [​IMG]

-FATTY-

2. 97hatch

97hatch ?

You can not run the vitaras on stock length rods. The Wrist pin height is .060 shorter than a d16/d15 when you run a vitara piston you need to get rods that are .060 longer or have the block decked .060. It is not advised to dect the block that much as you will have timing belt issues and have to make a custom auxilary tensioner. If you look on honda tech there is a company that sells the proper length rod for these pistons. here is a link to my dyno sheet of my turbo y7 Good luck with your build

http://hondaswap.com/engine-building/my-dyno-sheet-all-hatters-252950/#post1246961

3. CRXSi86

CRXSi86 Fatty

Heres the pics of the Y7 motor I picked up and the TD05H small 16g turbo I got for cheap :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. CRXSi86

CRXSi86 Fatty

just dropped the motor at my buddies tonihgt, the tear down will start this weekend... and I also have the pistons coming in... FMIC, BOV, T25, which is up for sale now... and mani. so I will be posting up those pics soon...

5. travis93eg

travis93eg New Member

ur thinking stock springs? and how much boost are you planning on running and what amount of power do you wanna push

6. efalex

efalex New Member

Stock shit breaks at about 225 horse.. Id only run about 6-7 pounds unless you plan on building it more

7. 97hatch

97hatch ?

where you get your info at i just changed from a 16g@10psi to a sc32@8lbs on my sohc and made 265 at the wheels and all that is done is head studs. its all in the tune there are people over on H-T that have ove 300hp on stock sohc's

8. efalex

efalex New Member

Yes i understand this, but i bet its unreliable.. Unless you have a greaatttt tune..

9. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

It can be VERY reliable. Stock stuff holds up just fine through 250whp and higher.

As far as the original poster (who hasn't posted in 3 months), he's building the engine with Vitara pistons and aftermarket rods. That combo in stock sleeves alone has held over 400whp.

1 person likes this.
  10. 97hatch

97hatch ?

+1 rep for calesta and he never said custom rods but i hope he dosent go forward with stock length eagles and end up with a CR in the 7s

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted