d16y8 full swap for sale

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
91JDMEF, no worries about the sale. That stuff happens.
Akwhite18, Thanks for the bumps, and getting hold of me on Saturday. I appreciate it.

Other engine

Is that dual overhead CAM engine in the first pic for sale? I am assuming that is the B18 engine you used already, but maybe not?

I know in your first post you said the motor has a knock. Does it sound like it could be valve noise or do you deff think its coming from the bottom end? How many miles are on the motor?
Thanks

The engine has 127k on it. As for the noise, I think it's coming from the bottom end. I couldn't pin point the source, but I didn't try that hard either. I never bothered to drop the oil pan and take a look because I'd already planned on the b18c swap. Also, I left everything intact because it was in "running" condition when I pulled it and I didn't want to do anything to change that. Like I mentioned before, the engine's power seemed to be about normal, but there was definately a lot of noise coming out of it when it was pulled. Let me know if you want any more info, and I'll get it to ya.

Last edited:
Blackcivic:
I'll call two local shipping companies today and get you a real quote. Until then, I'll pm you a basic quote I got for another guy.

Ok... I sent you an "email" with an estimated quote. Check it out, and message me back. If it's in the ballpark for you, we can work out exact numbers. I'm swamped at work and at home, but I'll still try to get you an exact quote. Let me know what you think of the preliminary numbers though.

WhatTheEF: I'll do the same thing with you. I'll message you a previous quote that I got from the shipping company, then I'll get you a specific quote to your location. (They usually don't change "too much") Shoot me a message back and let me know what you think.

WhatTheEF: I left you a "visitor message" with a basic shipping number. Let me know if that's in your ballpark or not.

thankes for the hook up! but i live in nc and you live in colorado so the distance is the problem and i dont really want to pay for the shipping but if i lived closer i would deff already took that off your hands but sorry.

Hollywood95240: Sorry for the late reply... I just got back into town last night. I'll shoot you a message with shipping information.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back