D16Y8 head on D15B7 block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DerronG3

alright so im kinda new to the whole "swap world" and i know some basics to do this. so i have a stock d15b7 in my 95 civic dx sedan. i just bought this y8 (p2j) head off my friend and i looked up the codes off the head, i think its a 96. it already has the vtec solenoid on the head, along with skunk 2 pro intake mani and stock fuel rail. i also have the dizzy that goes with the head. i know i need a y8 head gasket.

i just wana clear up up some confusion cuz ive herad mannyyyy different things about this swap and idk who to listen to..

do i have to use the y8 timing belt or z6 timing belt?
can i keep the oem cam gear on the y8?
how do i wire up this dizzy into my harness? (OBD2 dizzy -OBD1 car)
best recommendations for a chipped p28? Where do i go to get one??
will i have to wire up any knock sensors?

now thats just to get the mini me up and running.. what i wana do to this motor is eventually get ti valve springs & retainers, revalve the head, cam it, high comp it, itb intake mani, ect.. i want CR to be somewhere around 10.5 or 11:1, but 12:1 dont hurt either :)

i was wondering what pistons can i use in the b7 block that would raise c/r WITHOUT having to get the head milled?
what cam should i get? (car is a DD)

please correct me if im wrong with anything ive posted. and help me out with any questions that u can answer, please and thanks!

** i also know that the y8 head has a bum stud, so i have to use all but one of my b7 head studs and then only one y8 stud. i know its hard to find anything other than oem pistons for the b7 block, but if it came down to it, i would bore out to 75.5 for the forged pistons. i know the d15b's pistons are unique with their flat top design, but could i possibly buy the domed 75mm pistons to raise comp without having any clearance or lift issues with the head?

PLEASE HELP I HAVE ALL THESE IDEAS AND DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO! lol

Back