1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D16Y8 head on D15B7 block

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by DerronG3, Sep 18, 2011.

1. DerronG3

DerronG3 New Member

alright so im kinda new to the whole "swap world" and i know some basics to do this. so i have a stock d15b7 in my 95 civic dx sedan. i just bought this y8 (p2j) head off my friend and i looked up the codes off the head, i think its a 96. it already has the vtec solenoid on the head, along with skunk 2 pro intake mani and stock fuel rail. i also have the dizzy that goes with the head. i know i need a y8 head gasket.

i just wana clear up up some confusion cuz ive herad mannyyyy different things about this swap and idk who to listen to..

do i have to use the y8 timing belt or z6 timing belt?
    can i keep the oem cam gear on the y8?
    how do i wire up this dizzy into my harness? (OBD2 dizzy -OBD1 car)
    best recommendations for a chipped p28? Where do i go to get one??
    will i have to wire up any knock sensors?

now thats just to get the mini me up and running.. what i wana do to this motor is eventually get ti valve springs & retainers, revalve the head, cam it, high comp it, itb intake mani, ect.. i want CR to be somewhere around 10.5 or 11:1, but 12:1 dont hurt either :)

i was wondering what pistons can i use in the b7 block that would raise c/r WITHOUT having to get the head milled?
    what cam should i get? (car is a DD)

please correct me if im wrong with anything ive posted. and help me out with any questions that u can answer, please and thanks!

2. DerronG3

DerronG3 New Member

** i also know that the y8 head has a bum stud, so i have to use all but one of my b7 head studs and then only one y8 stud. i know its hard to find anything other than oem pistons for the b7 block, but if it came down to it, i would bore out to 75.5 for the forged pistons. i know the d15b's pistons are unique with their flat top design, but could i possibly buy the domed 75mm pistons to raise comp without having any clearance or lift issues with the head?

PLEASE HELP I HAVE ALL THESE IDEAS AND DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO! lol

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted