d16y8 in crx what do i need to make it work

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

harvey69us

hey there i installed a d16y8 motor in my 88 crx hf now i didnt have the distributor for it or the ecu for it ....... so i installed the old distributor from the zc engine and im using the old ecu wich is non v tech bnow i had to install the old intake manifold as well to make it work so what i wanna kow is what ecu , distributor, and intake manifold do i need to make it work with the v tech ...... and what kinda wiring do i need to do thank you

the best thing to do would be to convert it all over to run OBD1 - the other option would be to leave everything as you have it and get a PR3 or a PW0 OBD0 B16A ECU and add wiring for the VTEC, knock sensor and 2nd O2 sensor - the B16A ECU is not going to have the correct fuel and ignition maps for the Y8 and you should get the ECU chipped with the maps for the P28 ECU

well i hear that i need to get the ecu p28 and get the chip for it and the distributor also ..... now how would i wire the thing if i get the covgersion harness for the ecu how do i wire the v tech??? tthanx

alright so ima look for the distributor and ecu for the d16y8 and get the wiring harness for it but how do i wire the distributor and the rest of the engine

ok so my next question is if i have the obd 2 engine i shoukld make it to an obd 1 ecu??? and if so does the computer matter ??? like is there many kind of p28 ecu or i can get which ever p28 ecu and if so wich chip should i get the mugen ? spoon sport or skunk?????????

Back