D16y8 into 90 civic hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

josh_crewdson@y

Ok, I'm buying a 90 civic hatch, and i have a 99 d16y8 sittin around from when i dropped the b16 int0 the 99ex.
I have a few questions..

Do i need any different mounts? I assume since it's already a D that the y8 will bolt in?

Im getting the hasport cable to hydro bracket.

Can i use the 99 ex axles? i know they definitely fit 92-00 but 90? (they were put in 10,000mi. ago..:( )

and for the wire harness...
i want to just buy the 99ex harnes to put in, it goes all the way to the ecu.. will i have any problems plugging the in-car wires into the 99 harness?

if anyone has other suggestions let me know also please.

i would do 0bd0 b16, but i already have the y8...

Simplist thing you can do with this swap is use your Obd0 engine harness, distributor, 88-91 cable transmission and axles. Youll have to run a few wires for the vtec. Go with a Pr3 or PW0(will have to wire up your knock sensor) ECU and a adjustable fuel pressure regulator for fuel tuning. This is the simplist option for your swap.

The d16y8 came wit vtec. Your hatch has a y7 in it. I want convert the car to obd2 don't ask why, i just need to know what i need to do to get the 99ex (same as si) harness to plug into the car itself under the dash. And will i need diff mounts, and can i use the 99 d-series axles.. I need info, not a you should do this. I wanna use what i got.

Back