1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d16y8 into a 88 crx si

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by sleeper_crx88, Nov 2, 2003.

1. sleeper_crx88

sleeper_crx88 Member

hey guys...i recently blew my zc and got really lucky at the junk yard and found a d16y8 motor...so i got it and put it in my car. so far i got it to run but it doesnt run very well and doesnt have vtec. i got a crx si intake manifold, ditributor, and ecu 89 integra injectors, and a zc fuel rail and throttle body. with that i got it to run. now i believe this motor was previously turbo charged because there is a oil return hose coming from the oil pan. with saying that the motor is running rich and it bogs im pretty sure it should have more power even without vtec...can anyone tell me anything that is wrong with the setup i have so far? And what you think are causing the problems i am incountering?

any help or suggestions would be great thanks..

2. ConceptSleeper

ConceptSleeper Member

the ECU is from the same motor or you already had it? well if your running too rich then that is a power robber depending on how much, also if this thing was set up for turbo does it have the cams or pistons that are low c/r? it yes then there is your problems!

3. SolLess16

SolLess16 Senior Member

run a compression test then check your spark and make sure nothing is messed up

4. sleeper_crx88

sleeper_crx88 Member

i'll check the c/r today and tell you so you'll be able to help me a little more...hopefully.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted