d16y8 into a 88 crx si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey guys...i recently blew my zc and got really lucky at the junk yard and found a d16y8 motor...so i got it and put it in my car. so far i got it to run but it doesnt run very well and doesnt have vtec. i got a crx si intake manifold, ditributor, and ecu 89 integra injectors, and a zc fuel rail and throttle body. with that i got it to run. now i believe this motor was previously turbo charged because there is a oil return hose coming from the oil pan. with saying that the motor is running rich and it bogs im pretty sure it should have more power even without vtec...can anyone tell me anything that is wrong with the setup i have so far? And what you think are causing the problems i am incountering?

any help or suggestions would be great thanks..

the ECU is from the same motor or you already had it? well if your running too rich then that is a power robber depending on how much, also if this thing was set up for turbo does it have the cams or pistons that are low c/r? it yes then there is your problems!

i'll check the c/r today and tell you so you'll be able to help me a little more...hopefully.

Back