D16Y8 into Civic 93 CX - Wiring Issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

leprechaun17

Hey guys,
I just started the wiring from my swap (D16Y8 into Civic 93 CX) and I noticed that I'm in way over my head. The driver side connectors are not the same (2 for the 93 and only 1 for the D16). As well the ECU connectors comes with an extra one for the D16 (green color with 20 pin). Anybody can supply wiring diagrams or can help me with this.

Regards,
leprechaun

you need to use your car's wiring harness, not the one that came with the motor, and add a 4-wire 02, and do the 3-to2-wire iacv conversion.
run the car on a p28 ecu (will plug right into your car) and you're pretty much done.

the reference materials forum has ecu pinouts and wire diagrams for all of the above.

ok....
but what if you don't have the old engine (D15something) harness no more? Is it still doable or do I have to go a purchase one?

Thanks

yeah, but it will be a nightmare...

i'd suggest going to a junkyard and trying to find a z6 harness (from a 92-95 civic ex or si, or del sol si). Then, you'll only have to run a couple wires from the cannon plug on the pass. shock tower to the ecu.

Back