D16y8 into D15b2,how?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91civicstd

I heard i could use the si dist and ecu to run the d16y8, then wire vtec to a switch.
Is this true?

yes, but you will not have the proper fuel maps so it will probably run lean, and the fact the Si ecu has a lower redline.

Either chip the PM6 you have now for the y8, no retarded "mugen tuning"

convert to obd1 and run the p28, the y8 is slightly higher compression than the z6 so chipping it may be a good idea, to run the y8 basemap

or convert to OBD2 and run the ecu for the y8

regardless you are going from dpfi to mpfi so some wiring does need done

Ok so chipped pm6, any links to a diy obd0 to obd 1 harness? I think that might be better.
Will the d16y8 dizzy work with the pm6?

Aslo, what would i need to convert to obd 2?

trust me you don't want to do it. limited tuning capability going this route. extra evap equipment it will look for that you dont have. obd2 ecu's look for 2 oxygen sensors, and they also have a crankshaft fluctuation signal input that you'd have to wire up. trust me, it'd be many times easier and smarter to just go with obd1.

A d16z6 dizzy will fit but won't bolt in without big washers. Why don't you get a d16z6?

Last edited:
you should just swap the intake mani and head in my opinion... still the same process with obd0 to obd1. difference is timing. if youre willing to fork over a little exta cash for an adjustable cam gear, easy fix. i think you would use a Y8 timing belt but im not certain.

fuck... i cant remember if z6 dizzys work with y8 heads. i thought you wanted the timing belt, dizzy, and ecu that matched your head. sorry for post whoring...

I'm pretty sure z6 and y8 belts are the same but idk.

All dizzys will fit in the hole but they all won't bolt up to all the heads, that's why you use big washers to reach.

The ECU doesn't really matter as long as you get it tuned. A chipped p28 or p06 would do well.

Im doing d16y8 cause its free. Can i use a dx dizzy and will vtec be ok?

Back