d16y8 knock sensor HELP!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

importfancy

I recently bought a 93 del sol with a d16y8 motor in it. My check engine light comes on 10 minutes after driving and it is running rich. I was told when I bought the car that the reason the CEL came on was because there was no knock sensor on the motor and the ECU is looking for one causing the light to turn on. What do I do to fix this? I read I need to install a knock sensor and run it to the ecu. I have no idea how to do the wiring. I wont pass emissions unless the light goes off. I'm not sure if my vtec is popping either @ 5500 RPMS. Some one please help! Thanks.

sounds like the O2 sensor is bad this will cause it to run rich and the cell to come on after 10 min. of driving.

:concur: on the O2 sensor... also what ECU are you running? if its the P28 it doesnt look for the knock sensor

The CEL is throwing a 12 code: EGR - exhaust gas recirculation lift valve. How do I clean this bitch or fix it? Im not sure where it is on the engine.

Back