d16y8 mini me

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

keltonda2gsr

so i race a civic and 2 integra ls's out here on a 3/8ths of a mile circle track. civic kicked ass last year and i never finished under top 5 with my sohc against dohc preludes, integras, saturns (ha..which amazingly romped balls on the track) but this year theres a kid who loves to cheat, in this class thats supposed to be all stock, with his high compression set up, cammed h22a, in his 95 prelude.
well ive got a 97dx and i just bought a 99ex and its automatic (heres where the problems start). i took the ex home. ripped the head off and the wiring harness in about an hour and took it back over to my shop where the dx is located. now, from my knowledge an automatic computer should be able to work in a manual car (correct me if im wrong if you have a clue) well before i started ripping off the head on my dx i decided id try out the computer..its physically smaller but all the plugs fit in fine..tried starting the car and all it did was crank. now i know its a y8 computer ona y7 motor but still..just didnt make sense to me. so i checked the wires on the y8 harness. wrote them all down and then checked them in comparison to the y7 and not one wire matched up. should i just take the whole harness out of the y8, or should i hope to god that when the heads on and everythings plugged in it will run.

if worse comes to worse i can always hook it up with the dx harness and ecu and run vtec to a switch or to my shift light..(ive hooked it up on my friends eg with a zc motor..works fine)

99 ex
97 prelude vtec;)
97 dx
96 gsr:D
93 teg
92 teg
91 teg:D

Back