1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D16Y8 NA Build up Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by wildcat820, Aug 4, 2009.

1. wildcat820

wildcat820 New Member

Heres the scoupe, I Dirt race a CRX with a D16Y8 from an EX civic in it. I am looking to build up a True race motor for end of season/next year. Before you spout off about Dual cam or B series RUELS STATE SOHC ONLY/Vtec OK

I have the car set up running obd o Computer and I activate the Vtech with Shift light. It was my most simple setup. and it works flawless! plus I can vary the vetch for extreamly black slick or Slimey conditions. I am using B series compter 7200 revlimiter but also have a 10000 rpm computer (GSR I Belive) I can run on the built motor.

So whats you opinions on a build up? What cam? everything I look for is Turboed, Has to remain NA Best brand of pistions and rods? Oil pump? any high RPM tips like drilling any Oil galleys or a builder out there I should consult?

2. wildcat820

wildcat820 New Member

By the way, Its got a header, and a R throttle body already. How much compresion can i push? It is currently run on E85 with the fuel pressure Up and a Walboro Pump

3. wildcat820

wildcat820 New Member

Nobody??? how much compression can I run? Anyone???? Come on guys? rods? crank? good parts sorce or Builder?

4. riceracerex

riceracerex D-Series Ninja

The highest I have seen is 13:1 on a single cam but it's a little too risky to run that high. Look into a block guard and I would not recommend trying to hit 10k Rpms.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted