D16Y8 NA Build up Advice Needed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wildcat820

Heres the scoupe, I Dirt race a CRX with a D16Y8 from an EX civic in it. I am looking to build up a True race motor for end of season/next year. Before you spout off about Dual cam or B series RUELS STATE SOHC ONLY/Vtec OK

I have the car set up running obd o Computer and I activate the Vtech with Shift light. It was my most simple setup. and it works flawless! plus I can vary the vetch for extreamly black slick or Slimey conditions. I am using B series compter 7200 revlimiter but also have a 10000 rpm computer (GSR I Belive) I can run on the built motor.

So whats you opinions on a build up? What cam? everything I look for is Turboed, Has to remain NA Best brand of pistions and rods? Oil pump? any high RPM tips like drilling any Oil galleys or a builder out there I should consult?

By the way, Its got a header, and a R throttle body already. How much compresion can i push? It is currently run on E85 with the fuel pressure Up and a Walboro Pump

The highest I have seen is 13:1 on a single cam but it's a little too risky to run that high. Look into a block guard and I would not recommend trying to hit 10k Rpms.

Back