D16Y8 nippon racing?

96 civic ex

• bad idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • really stupid i

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Darthmentos

hey guys,
I was last on searching for a complete motor for my wife's car that was monumentally unsuccessful.
110k + motors for 600+ didnt thrill me.
But I have changed the entire scope of this buildup and wanted to get everyones pulse on whether this is a good idea/bad idea.
Right now I have forged Scat 4340 rods
that I wish to connect to 75 mm nippon racing turbo (8.5:1) anyone heard of this company?good bad or ugly?
these will blow into a Factory build T-3 garrett (48 A/R) riding on a custom manifold (built by me)
A map bypass, of course.
these I plan to run through a FMIC of not yet calculated size. (probably 6X24X3with 3"in/outlet)
then using an Apexi Safc2 with some higher rate injectors (suggestions?)
maybe top off with a greddy fuzzy logic controller for the wastegate.

Recieved Nippon Racing Turbo (8.5:1) pistons and am pinning them now, wish me luck.
I really dont want to press them out at work if I screw this up, but it wouldn't be the first time.

I am hoping with .48 on the hot side that I can use the time spent during spool up to avoid wheelspin.
I would like it to kick in around 2500 but I really don't know where it is going to hit.
If the .48 makes me happy , I am going to build my spare T-3 which is a water cooled variety- and play with the squish side.
if the .48 is a dog, I may wind up going smaller.

but the nippon racing pistons are of a good quality?

SUCCESS!!!
The piston pinning went perfectly, I only had to whank one of the pins with brass
Now I have to get bearings.
I am now officially at the half way mark of this buildup.

Back